Thursday, July 19, 2007

A personal item

One of my lesser-known uncles made these photo boards for everyone in my generation of the family for Christmas, and I have just now gotten to hanging it up and populating it. I have placed it above my desk, so that I can look at it when I want to relax and think happy thoughts. I chose the items to place on it accordingly.


From the top left and going clockwise, they are as follows:

- A card made by my uncle Mike the calligraphy artist, one of my favorites. It's quite serendipitous that I was considering buying this and a few other cards from him when my aunt Margarita gave it to me as a thank-you card. (The inscription is "For all that has been, Thanks, for all that will be, Yes!")
- An amber pendant from my grandmother (the nice one, not the rich one).
- Earings made for me by one of my cousins.
- A tarot card which has been an important object to me for many years, and which until now has mostly been floating dangerously among the disorder of my desk.
- A photo of my two favorite men, my father and brother, when they were both quite a bit younger and less hairy than they are now.
- Photos of each of my nephews, my favorite people under the age of ten.
- A photo of a gorgeous green valley from my mother's stay in Guam.

Since I have reason to believe that people actually read this blog now, I thought I would include something more personal than I have generally been writing, something that actually reveals something about me and my life. This is it for now.

1 comment:

  1. *sniffle* two of the 7 items are pictures of my kids. i'm touched. do you want a newer pic of liam or do you particularly like that one? (it *is* one of my favorites too, look on his face is just priceless) i need to do a new portrait session of just liam, didn't have energy to do one for his birthday this year - that picture was taken on his first birthday.

    ReplyDelete